Priest: We turn to Christ, our Good Shepherd, in confidence and hope as we lift up our prayers….
- In a world that often looks upon humanity as simply an intelligent species of animal, we pray that we grow in recognizing our sacred dignity as sons and daughters of God, from conception to natural death, let us pray to the Lord….
- For genuine respect, outreach and cooperation with other denominations of Christianity and other religions as well, let us pray to the Lord….
- That our leaders in Church and state carefully guard the safety, dignity and opportunities of all, let us pray to the Lord….
- For a growing spirit of openness to — and nurturing of — religious vocations among our young people, let us pray to the Lord….
- That we generously support the Diocesan Services Appeal, the DSA, so we and all the diocese of Lansing have the resources and leadership to better live and share our faith, let us pray to the Lord….
- For peace, for the courage and zeal to build and sustain it, let us pray to the Lord….
- For all who have gone before us and those who grieve them, in particular…
4:30 PM – Rose Brent
9:00 AM – James and Marguerite Cannon
11:00 AM – Intentions of the Ewing Family
…for whom we offer this Mass. Let us pray to the Lord….
Priest: Heavenly Father, author of Sacred Scripture, help us receive what you have revealed in your Holy Word. Give us a greater hunger to daily seek you in the scriptures that we may better know you and your Son. May your Holy Spirit open us to be transformed by Your Holy Word throughout this year of the Bible. In Christ’s name, we pray….