Priest: God knows our needs before we speak them. Still, we once again lift our prayers in humble confidence….
- For our children and young people, for our schools and certainly our Catholic schools, and for our own religious education and faith enrichment programs, let us pray to the Lord….
- That we open ourselves to the powerful gifts and very real call of the Holy Spirit, let us pray to the Lord….
- For success in this long battle against the coronavirus, let us pray to the Lord….
- That those who may feel their life has no meaning be blessed with understanding and caring support, let us pray to the Lord….
- For all the members of our parish, and in a special way for those unable to join us at the table of the Lord, let us pray to the Lord….
- That we work with devotion and determination for the peace we seek, let us pray to the Lord….
- For all who have gone before us and those who grieve them, in particular…
4:30 PM – Edward Golombek
9:00 AM – Christians in Iraq
11:00 AM – Casualties in Afghanistan
…for whom we offer this Mass. Let us pray to the Lord….
Priest: Heavenly Father, author of Sacred Scripture, help us receive what you have revealed in your Holy Word. Give us a greater hunger to daily seek you in the scriptures that we may better know you and your Son. May your Holy Spirit open us to be transformed by Your Holy Word throughout this year of the Bible. In Christ’s name we pray….